Written by Administrator Wednesday, 21 May 2008 23:19
There's alot of people asking the question "So what's next? When do we find out more information?". This site is the repository for those questions and their answers. In time, we'll have more in-depth articles on the process before us, but the following is the gameplan for the near future. These are requirements that must be met to move Kalaeloa Raceway Park (KRP) forward. This is just something to whet your appetite, and let you know that yes...we are making and continuing progress. This list is designed to be fluid and ever-changing. We will add and take things away if necessary.
- Present To The Hawaii Community Development Authority (HCDA) - KRP Project Planners are required to make a detailed presentation before the HCDA to address their and the community's concerns over the development of KRP. Our goal is to respect HCDA's Master Plan for the future redevelopment of Kalaeloa into a burgeoning "Wahi Ho'okela" (Center for Excellence) while maintaining positive community relations as well as coordinating with local and state organizations within the area. This presentation is currently being scheduled, but we expect it to fall sometime during the month of June. We will post the date once we are notified. This is a chance for all of us who support building a motorsports park to appear and support respectfully. We will keep you updated.
- Coordinate With Concerned Local Agencies - There are many concerned agencies and organizations what want to know what our plans for KRP entail. It is our duty and our committment to coordinate with these agencies. Steps will be taken to open direct dialogues and keep them abreast of our goals as well as working with them to address any possible concerns they have with the project. This is something that will continue throughout the entire life of the project, but it starts first here.
- Complete The Necessary Plans And Designs - Our talented crew of professionals and dedicated volunteers are currently working through the design process for KRP. It is a constant lesson of compromise and patience as we work through the conflicts and issues that result from supporting so many varied types of motorsports. Our goal is to support everything we can...if not in the beginning, then in phases, and as we are able to. This facility is for everyone, and we intend to make it so. Once we are in a position to release Phase design information, we will post it on this very site.
- Groundbreaking - Although the date is not set yet, in the very near future, a groundbreaking ceremony will be held to celebrate and announce the start of construction. This will be an open and public event, and we hope that the entire community will attend to bear witness to the first step in a new world for racing on Oahu. We will post the date once it is set.
- Construction - Build it, and they will come. We firmly believe that as construction progresses on the facility, the support and encouragement will come with it. We will have regular updates on construction and details that have been completed or are in progress. You'll be able to see literally and figuratively what it takes to build a facility from laying the dirt and ashpalt to putting up the lights. We want you to be right there with us with every accomplishment we make. So that when we open the track...
- Race! - Self explanatory...we hope that we'll see you there on opening day. It's a long road ahead but with everyone's support....we can make it happen.
This is real...there is a lease, there are hurdles to cross, but we are on our way to construction of a home for our displaced motorsports community. Please keep an eye on this site, pass it to your friends, coworkers, and family and spread the word. We need all the support we can get...you can start by sending in your testimony of support for this project by clicking here: Support!
Until the next update, Aloha & Mahalo!