Last Updated on Friday, 23 May 2008 13:37 Written by Administrator Wednesday, 21 May 2008 23:19
There's alot of people asking the question "So what's next? When do we find out more information?".¬† This site is the repository for those questions and their answers.¬† In time, we'll have more in-depth articles on the process before us, but the following is the gameplan for the near future.¬† These are requirements that must be met to move Kalaeloa Raceway Park (KRP) forward.¬† This is just something to whet your appetite, and let you know that yes...we are making and continuing progress.¬† This list is designed to be fluid and ever-changing.¬† We will add and take things away if necessary.
- Present To The Hawaii Community Development Authority (HCDA)¬†- KRP Project Planners are required to make a detailed presentation before the HCDA to address their and the community's concerns over the development of KRP.¬† Our goal is to respect HCDA's¬†Master¬†Plan¬†for the future redevelopment of Kalaeloa into a burgeoning "Wahi Ho'okela" (Center for Excellence)¬†while maintaining positive community relations as well as coordinating with local¬†and state¬†organizations within the area.¬† This presentation is currently being scheduled, but we expect it to fall¬†sometime during the¬†month of June.¬† We will post the date once we¬†are notified.¬† This is a chance for all of us who support building a motorsports park to¬†appear and support respectfully.¬† We will keep you updated.
- Coordinate With¬†Concerned Local Agencies - There are many concerned¬†agencies and organizations what want to know what our plans for KRP¬†entail.¬† It is our duty and our committment to coordinate with these agencies.¬† Steps will be¬†taken to open direct dialogues¬†and keep them abreast of our goals as well as working with them to address any possible concerns they have with the project.¬† This is¬†something that will continue throughout the entire life of the project, but it starts first here.
- Complete The Necessary Plans And Designs - Our talented crew of professionals and dedicated volunteers are currently working through the design process for KRP.¬† It is a constant lesson of compromise and patience as we work through the conflicts and issues that result from supporting so many varied types of motorsports.¬† Our goal is to support everything we can...if not in the beginning, then in phases, and as we are able to.¬† This facility is for everyone, and we intend to make it so.¬† Once we are in a position to release Phase design information, we will post it on this very site.
- Groundbreaking - Although the date is not set yet, in the¬†very near future, a groundbreaking ceremony will be held to celebrate and announce the¬†start of construction.¬† This¬†will be an open and public event, and we hope that the entire¬†community will attend to bear witness to the first step in a¬†new world for racing on Oahu.¬† We will post the date once it is set.
- Construction - Build it, and they will come.¬† We firmly believe that as construction progresses on the facility, the support and encouragement will come with it.¬† We will have regular updates on¬†construction and details that have been completed or are in progress.¬†¬†You'll be able to see¬†literally and figuratively what it takes to build a facility from laying the dirt and ashpalt to putting up the lights.¬† We want you to¬†be right there with us with every accomplishment we make.¬† So that when we open the track...
- Race! -¬†¬†Self explanatory...we hope that we'll see you there on opening day.¬† It's a long road ahead but with everyone's support....we can make it happen.
This is real...there is a lease, there are hurdles to cross, but we are on our way to construction of a home for our displaced motorsports community.¬† Please keep an eye on this site, pass it to your friends, coworkers, and family and spread the word.¬† We need all the support we can get...you can start by sending in your testimony of support for this project by clicking here:¬† Support!
Until the next update, Aloha & Mahalo!
|< Prev||Next >|